- 18 July 2014
- Sylvester Akpah
- Hits: 7364
WACREN organizes its first regional training workshop in Accra on Virtualisation and Cloud Workshop
Date: - 15-19 September 2014.
Venue: - University of Ghana, Legon. Accra, Ghana
The hands-on workshop is organized in collaboration with the Ghanaian Academic and Research Network (GARNET), the Association of African Universities (AAU) and NSRC,
The workshop will be held in English
This track will provide an overview of virtualization technology with a series of hands-on practical exercises, so that participants will be able to:
• Build desktop virtualization with VirtualBox
• Build server virtualization with KVM and libvirt
• Use file and block shared storage and live VM migration
• Build redundant VM clusters with Ganeti
• Some knowledge of UNIX/Linux, with experience of the command line is strongly suggested
• Basic understanding of L2/L3 technologies and IP networking are a plus
• Participants must bring their own laptops (Windows, Linux or OSX) with wireless, 1GB+ RAM, and 5GB+ free disk space.
1. All participants will have to secure funds for their travel, including visa fees where applicable
2. International participants will be provided accommodation and meals
3. Lunches and coffee breaks will be provided to all participants
Interested candidates who meet the requirements can apply below. Candidates from the UbuntuNet Alliance and ASREN regions are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for application is 15 August 2014